Federico’s Mexican Restaurant E. coli Lawsuits and Litigation
The Marler Clark attorneys have filed lawsuits on behalf of E. coli outbreak victims whose illnesses were traced to food sold by Federico’s, a Mexican restaurant located in Litchfield Park, Arizona. The lawsuits were filed on behalf of children and adults who were part of a 94-person E. coli outbreak.
Health officials reported that at least 23 people were hospitalized after eating food from the restaurant. At least two developed hemolytic uremic syndrome.
The Maricopa County Environmental Services Department collected food samples from Federico’s for testing. On November 25, 2013, the health department issued a final report on the Federico’s E. coli outbreak, implicating lettuce as the source of illness.